Bloody Sick

So I was pretty useless today following a late night emergency and a bug that I picked up.

Elder woke me up this morning around three AM with a nosebleed. She hasn’t quite learned how to deal with them yet, and the early morning grogginess coupled with her squeamishness put her in a bit of a panic. It would be more accurate to say that she was being a complete drama queen. I’ve been afflicted with thin linings in my nasal cavity, and have had numerous nosebleeds throughout my life, so I’m pretty well used to dealing with them. She, however, seems to think she’s going to die of blood loss, not to mention that she can’t stand to taste her own blood.

On top of that she was adverse to every suggestion that I offered her: pinch your nose, put this ice pack on your back, hop in the shower, and so on. No, no, no, no, was all I got back. At that point she started saying that she couldn’t breathe. I kept the lights off, as the last thing that we needed was bright bathroom lights at that hour. Missus was up soon after and took over. I rang the blood out of the hand towel elder had been using and tepidly went back to bed. I did not go back to sleep for a while. Missus had resolved the situation and was back in bed long before I finally dozed off after tossing and turning for an hour.

Then I was woken an hour later as Younger came and took her usual spot between the two of us. I didn’t get out of bed till eight. Missus called in late. There was no doubt about it. I was sick. Elder had a cold earlier in the week, and I assume that the nose blowing led to the nosebleed. When she had woken me up I had felt what I assumed to be a dry throat, likely due to a bottle of cheap Merlot, but it’s continued to bother me all day, along with a general malaise.

I managed to get close to two hours of programming work done, but I didn’t even try after lunch. I ate leftover pho, then plopped my butt on the couch and watched Great Courses videos for most of the day. I took a nap later in the afternoon.

I did spend some time playing piano, and kept abreast of the goings on in the cryptoverse, checking Twitter several times and TradingView constantly. ETH was on a straight tear today, up over two hundred dollars. I moved another grand into Perp, a tax harvesting sale from my Voyager account into a 2x position. Funding continues to look good, but I am spending way to much time looking at it. EIP-1559 goes live tomorrow, so that will be interesting to see how things go from there. I remain bullish.

Tomorrow I hope to wake up rested and well enough to get some exercise in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *